WHILE many companies have a mission statement that over-promises and under-delivers, estate agents Harrison Murray are proud of their ‘sell within a month’ commitment.
The journey from putting your property on the market to celebrating a sale can seem daunting – particularly for those embarking on the process for the first time.
However, careful consideration when choosing an estate agent really can lead to a smooth move.
With a mission statement of ‘Sell within a month’, the independent estate agents and valuers are perfectly placed to offer advice to those thinking about moving home in the New Year and beyond.
Managing director Nick Salmon said: “Moving house is one of life’s important milestones, and appointing the right estate agent, who will deliver on its promises, is crucial.”
Here is some advice to consider:
- Choose an agent who is a member of the NAEA. Member agents will have a logo displayed in their window.
- Speak to friends and work colleagues about their experience with local firms of estate agents. Personal recommendations are invaluable.
- Aim to choose an agent who is well established in your area, with a good local knowledge and a grasp of what is happening in the market.
- Look at the boards in your area – preferably the sold ones – to gauge how effective an agent is.
- Talk to the agents face to face and find out what services they offer, and don’t be fooled by low fees which seem too good to be true – they probably are!
- Find out how the agent plans to market your property.
- Is the agent able to offer additional services like arranging your mortgage and/or conveyancing – further helping to ease the process of selling and moving.
Nick added: “Harrison Murray adheres to professional codes of practice and we are transparent in our promises to customers, with no hidden fees or detrimental clauses in the small print. Our staff are determined and focused in the delivery of Harrison Murray’s ‘Sell within a month’ mission statement.
“Continuous staff training, membership to industry and government-approved bodies and a real passion for what we do gives our sellers and buyers confidence in the professional, thorough and reliable service we provide.”
Harrison Murray are long standing members of the National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA) and the Property Ombudsman scheme.