Hamptons International has seen a surge in demand for short term lets in 2010 as corporate clients look for flexible cost-saving measures for relocating staff. The boom in demand for short lets is just one of the main indicators that the UK economy is in recovery, as businesses seek to increase resources with staff from other locations.
Lesley Cairns, head of lettings, Hamptons International comments:
“Short let properties were not popular during the recession as a high proportion of companies didn’t have the need for short-term contract staff. As we go through a period of economic recovery, more businesses are transferring staff from other areas of the UK or overseas.
We have noticed around a 20 per cent increase in demand for our short let properties as people look for short-term rental opportunities in preference to a short stay in a hotel room. We expect this trend to go on as economic recovery continues.”
Benefits for landlords :
• Competitive return on your investment
• Greater level of flexibility and provides options
• High demand for rental properties in particular areas
Benefits for tenants :
• A cheaper and more personal alternative to a stay in a hotel room
• Rental prices include all bills excluding telecommunications charges
• Can often extend your tenancy on a weekly or monthly basis at the landlords discretion